GOOD DEEDS WEEK STATS!
- 132 books collected for The Boys and Girls Club of Dallas
- 34 grocery sacks full of cans collected for Brother Bill’s Helping Hands grocery store.
- $468.90 for Alex’s Lemonade Foundation (for childhood cancer research).
- 113 pennies shared by children for children.
- 29 pictures and cards decorated for children at Children’s Medical Center
- 2 nursing homes visited, 20 songs sung, 15 paintings handed out, along with countless smiles, hugs, kisses and colorings.
- 30 bags of cookies given away as tokens of appreciation for workers in our lives.
- 15 “Friendship Pizza Pasta” meals delivered to cheer family friends and neighbors.
- 104 hot “Meals on BIG Wheels” served to our impoverished elderly neighbors, 52 of them in the POURING RAIN!
- 1 surprise “Happy Birthday” songs sung by 16 kids, 7 moms, and 2 grandparents at the door!
- 15 pet rocks given out as “friends” for the homebound.
- 2 GREAT teenagers doing great things for their community!
- 4 pairs of sibs getting to bond through giving all week!
- 2 backpacks, 11 gluesticks, 4 packs of crayons, 4 rulers, 4 pencil pouches, 10 pairs of scissors, 6 sets of markers, 1 set of pens, 48 pencils, and 1 jump rope!
- 300 needy K-5th-grade students given school supplies and 700 people served hot dogs at BBHH Cowboy Carnival!
- 16 “Helping Hands” shirts made, 32 helping hands!
- LOTS of fun had, memories, messes, and friends made!
- Many lives and hearts touched, many observers inspired.
- Many children and families in our community learning the value and joy of giving back together to make a BIG difference!
A BIG “THANK YOU” to my “Wee Volunteers” for a great week of giving at “Good Deeds Week” Camp 2012!
Join us next year…