Where have I been?? It’s definitely been a while since I’ve blogged, and I’ve really missed it and you all! I just took it off my plate as I was finishing up the semester teaching pre-school, leading the end-of-year programs for parents, and getting set for my first week of “Mommy Manders” summer camp at my house….I made it through, and this morning I’m just over 4 hours from Seaside, Florida for our family beach vacation – YAY! We’ve been looking forward to this for months, hanging on to that image of a sunset at the beach and the soothing sound of the waves, to get us through the recent stressful months – and a vacation is definitely due!
Last week was the first session of my “Good Deeds Week” camp for 16 great kiddos, ages 3-7, at my house and out and about in the community, and we did SO much good and had a good time along the way, but it was exhausting!
- Tuesday: We talked about what it means to be a friend, did “Make a Meal, Share a Meal” with friendship pizza pasta, made friendship/ appreciation “cookie bags” to give away (to mailman, to housekeepers, to babysitters, to friends, to grandparents, to helpers), and we collected and donated a truck-full of canned goods to a neighborhood food bank, “Feed Lake Highlands“.
- Wednesday: We painted pictures and delivered them to the elderly residents at a nearby nursing home community. We also sang songs, shared smiles, and lots of love and joy!
- Thursday: We made blessing bags for the homeless, and delivered meals on wheels to 2 needy communities in south Dallas.
- Friday: We made cards for children at the hospital, and raised almost $400 for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation that raises money for childhood cancer research, AND had a sprinkler party!
- All week: We added to our friendship chain, wrote cards and notes for people we love, and added to our “100 Acts of Kindness Board”! We had fun, read “good deeds” books, sang “good deeds” songs, played, learned about how to work as a team, and how small hands and small deeds can make a BIG difference!
see all the pics from our camp!